Happy Cow Veggie Blog: Expo West 2014 Recap + GIVEAWAY
Apr 3, 2014
Another Expo West is in the bag! Natural Products Expo is the biggest trade show for natural products in the US, and every spring, Expo West takes place over 3 days in Anaheim (while Expo East is held in Baltimore in the fall). We were excited to head out and try all kinds of awesome new vegan products, as well as meet friends and vegan influencers! Check out our pics below for a recap of the eventful weekend, and see how to enter our Expo West GIVEAWAY!
There were so many amazing new vegan products at the Expo this year! We were pretty much in heaven sampling all of the awesomely delicious snacks. Here are just a few of our favorites (from top left):
1. Vegan and gluten free Whoopie Pies from The Piping Gourmets: They come in vanilla, and chocolate with mint or raspberry. They were all just too good to be true!
2. Ranch and BBQ chips from Beanfields: I mean, who doesn’t love ranch chips? These are the perfect vegan version of Doritos.
3. Tofurky’s Pesto Supreme Pizza: This pizza was so good, and even cooler: it’s gluten free!
4. Chomperz and Stix from SeaSnax: The beloved seaweed snack company has created 2 more innovative products—Chomperz (seaweed clusters with various flavored crunchy shells) and Stix (crispy, savory seaweed sticks)!
More new products (from top left):
1. Field Roast’s Hand-Formed Burgers: By far one of the best veggie burgers we’ve ever had! Juicy and full of flavor.
2. Bee Free Honee: This awesome honey alternative will have you thinking you’re eating the real thing! And we got to try their new flavors: mint, chocolate, slippery elm and ancho chile.
3. Gardein’s Fishless Filets: Amazing! Even if you never liked seafood, you will be hooked on these crispy, golden vegan filets…no joke.
4. Phoney Baloney’s Coconut Bacon: As if this vegan bacon snack wasn’t already perfect enough…now there are 4 new flavors to indulge in: Apple Fennel, Candied, Chipotle BBQ, and Soy Free Reduced Sodium!
Some of the booths we loved this year (from top left): Chia Pod’s Airstream, Beyond Meat’s impostor Taco Bell with vegan tacos, So Delicious’s cafe, and Daiya’s mammoth kitchen serving up treats like pizza, bagels with cream cheese, cheese cake and grilled cheese!
Even more fun to be had: we sampled the amazing Miyoko Schinner’s vegan artisan cheese at the Tofurky party, hung out with vegan friends and influencers at the Field Roast party, got to experience chicken and waffles fromBeyond Meat’s food truck, and got in on some photo booth action!